Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Magnets and Markers

For my birthday I got a 24 color pack of Blick Studio art markers. I figured I would give them a try and see how they compared to Prismacolor art markers. Both these brands offer two different tips on each marker. One tip is fine and one is chiseled. They are spectacular for coloring, blending and sketching. The Blick Studio markers worked surprisingly well considering they are over a dollar cheaper per marker. Discovering this I ran out and bought another 40 colors individually. After purchasing all those fantastic colors I returned home to the realization that I had no where to put said markers. I am very particular about how my art supplies are kept. They must always be in color order and preferably I should be able to see every color all at once. Compulsive much? To feed my compulsive behavior I took a box and a bunch of wood pieces and created this......


Just look at all those wonderful colors - 64 to be exact - all visible in color order and waiting to be used. This is the kind of thing that makes the artist in me drool.....
You may notice there is also space for 11 more markers - one day soon I hope to fill this space. When I'm not using them the markers fold down and the box can close.
Speaking of creations in wood - here are two kitty magnets I made using wood pieces.

Inspired by my magnet idea my friend Cherice Campbell created a few magnets of her own while I was building my marker box. (I really like the pig!)
So needless to say I did not get out and take any fascinating photos to show you. Which is odd because the weather was wonderful! It does occur to me that this is a photo blog and the only photos I've shown you are of creations.....so I will distract you with something shiny and bright.... (The sun shining through the trees)
and something cute! (Giraffes at Brookfield Zoo)

2 comments:

  1. WHATS THAT BROWN THING WITH THE GOOGLY EYES??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still maintain that it looks like a hot dog (or maybe a polish sausage) without it's bun!

    ReplyDelete