Saturday, June 26, 2010

water play, the park and cake with my nephew

On Thursday my sister Melissa, my nephew Nicholas and I went over to my Dad and Stepmother Patty's house to celebrate Father's day and my birthday. It was a beautiful day outside so we decided to take Nicholas to the splash park. As we were all getting ready my father entertained Nick with this nifty old mirror Patty has hanging up by the front door. As always, I couldn't resist snapping a few pictures!Nick loves to play in water. When we told him we were going to take him to the splash park he got all excited and ran around exclaiming "water!". He seemed a little confused when we strapped him into his stroller instead of immediately taking him to the water.
When we arrived Nicholas seemed enthralled but a little nervous. He seemed to think the fast moving jets of water were a little too much for him. It did look like fun though so it didn't take him too long before he was splashing in all the puddles.
He did seem to have more fun with the little fountain thing that is supposed to be used to wash the grass and dirt off your feet. What is it called anyway? Does anyone know?
After a little while of playing in the water the Splash Park employees told us they were closing the park . Nicholas did not want to leave.
Thankfully there was a wonderful Park located right outside. Nicholas went running towards it exclaiming "Whee!" I got momentarily distracted when a squirrel ran across my path and leaped into a nearby tree.Everybody took turns pushing Nick on the swings - he loves to go up real high!

Then Nick went on the slides - he calls them 'whees' as in the noise he makes when he goes down them.
All the adults were exhausted so we headed back home. Nicholas wanted to stay and play but was okay with our decision when we got back and he saw that there was cake. My sister took this picture of me with Nick right before I blew out my birthday candles.The best (and worst) thing about toddlers is the mess they make when eating things like chocolate cake. I will end this post with a photo of Nick enjoying the cake. I like this picture because it looks like he is having a deeply profound conversation....and its cute! If you are interested in reading more about my nephew you should visit my sister's blog -http://cestlaviemdw3437.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture in the mirror thingie. Nick sure got a kick out of that.

    I wonder what his deeply profound conversation would be about. Perhaps how fudge frosting can help bring about world peace?

    ReplyDelete