Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Birthday Dinner Part II


(A continuation of Birthday Dinner)

After visiting with my family and enjoying my sister's appetizers, Dinner was served!


coq au vin with gruyere potatoes and haricots vert (Manda translation: Really good Chicken, onions, mushrooms, creamy potatoes and green beans) It was fabulous! Greg is a fantastic cook! Here we are all sitting down to eat (my sister managed to avoid this photo somehow).

A toast!


After a wonderful five star meal my sister presented dessert....

To top off a wonderful meal my sister had made a chocolate mousse layer cake served with creme anglaise. Those are nice ripe raspberries you see on top.

Just look at this cake! Isn't your mouth watering?! Let's look closer....

We lit the candles and sang Happy Birthday to my Mom.


And here is a slice of my sister's wonderful cake. Luckily I managed to get a picture before inhaling it. The perfect end to a perfect day - Happy Birthday Mom!

To view my sister's part two post from that day click HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment